Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Norwegian Epic: Sneak Peek At What's Onboard

Norwegian Epic is NCL's newest and most innovative ship and she's launching July 2010. I for one can't wait to get onboard. As a big fan of their Freestyle Cruising (freedom to do what you want, when you want), I can only imagine the amount of fabulous freedom I'll have onboard this next generation of ships.

I did get a sneak preview of some of the entertainment and innovative venues that will be onboard Norwegian Epic just a few weeks ago when NCL put on an EPIC party in Miami to give us a taste of the great things to come...

Legends in Concert will be one of the entertainment groups performing for NCL guests. In case you've been living in a cardboard box, Legends is the world's greatest live tribute show and has been in Vegas for the last 25 years! You can also find them in Branson and Mrytle Beach. The evening of the EPIC party, we got to see Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson and Elvis perform 'live.' And let me tell you, everyone was on their feet. These guys (and beautiful gal) were AMAZING! It was so much fun and holy cow, they really are the spittin' image of whom they portray.

In addition to Legends in Concert, guest of Norwegian Epic can also see Blue Man Group, Cirque Dreams™ and Dinner and The Second City comedy act. Oh, and don't forget Howl at the Moon - the ultra fun dueling piano bar where half the fun is the audience participation.

Not cool enough for you? Norwegian Epic will also have the only real ICE BAR at sea. I'm talking a bar where you have to don the parka and closed toed shoes - and you drink out of ice cups. Can I tell you? Drinking an apple martini out of glass made of ice, was  s m o o t h ! ! ! And although you can't hang out for very long, while you're there, it's a blast. And the photos for the folks back home will definitely be priceless.

Norwegian Epic is also going to have 11 complimentary dining options and if I've counted right, nine specialty dining options. I for one don't mind the surcharge for the specialty dining as I've had fantastic meals at each location that I've tried but my favorite thus far is Le Bistro, their French inspired restaurant. LOVE it.

I could write a book about the fabulousness of Norwegian Epic but for now, I'll just send you to NCL's EPIC blog. Stay tuned for more news, and I'll see you onboard in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment